- My Great-Great Grandmother was Métis.
- My Grandfather was once arrested for bootlegging.
- My Great Grandfather supposedly came to Canada from the US because he opposed guns & the war etc, but apparently it was really because of some family feud.
- I am part: English, Scottish, & Norwegian for sure. Potentially I am also Irish & Welsh
- My Great Grandfather was killed by being gored by a bull. I have my my grandmother's (his daughter) diaries from that time - it is so heartwrenching to read.
- My Grandfather lost his eye in WWI at Vimy Ridge.
- My Great Uncle also lost his eye (not sure how though)
- My bootlegging Grandfather left home when he was very young, got his wallet stolen, and it was found on the thief's dead body. Everyone thought it was my grandfather was dead and his parents moved away. It took him a while to find them, and it was quite a shock to them when he arrived at their doorstep!
- My Great Great Grandfather was recruited by the Hudson's Bay Company from Scotland to come over here and work.
So what have you got? Any interesting family facts? How far back do you know? It's a super interesting (and expensive) hobby to have. It almost makes me regret not having children (never say never I suppose) so I would have someone to pass this all on to...* Or is it acorn??