Monday, April 06, 2009

Girl Crush Re-Visited

So I’m gonna totally steal a quote from Anne of Green Gables here and say that "I like people who make me like them. Saves me so much trouble forcing myself to like them."

I fell quite deeply into a re-crush yesterday. This was someone that I had already been in crush with not so long ago, but due to various life circumstances, we hadn’t seen each other in a while so I forgot how absolutely fabulous they are.

It’s one of those people that you go months without seeing, but the second you do see them? You find yourself telling them everything about everything in your life, because you so desperately want them to know you.

One of those people that is so absolutely beautiful that you enjoy just looking at them for the pure innocent aesthetic joy of it.

One of those people that is hilarious and tough, yet sweet and vulnerable. You want to take care of them, and at the same time, don’t secretly resent them because they’re actually needy. (Cause they’re not).

As mentioned in the quote above, this person makes me like them. Everytime we’re together I feel this deep sense of satisfaction that someone like that exists in the world, and I get to share in a tiny part of their being. I have the privilege of occasionally getting a share of their time.

Who is this shining specimen of fabulousness? None other than my darling Ali from Idiosyncrasies of a Gemini Mind. Do you read her? Well why not?

Want a sample? I recommend this post, and this one, and this one as a taste-tester.

She’s one of those people who seem to get me. I don’t have to use a dozen words to explain what I mean when two or three will do.

And so? I am back in girl-crush. If I ever really left. I hope she doesn’t mind…

xo

6 comments:

cmacc said...

Sounds like a perfect crush!

Jen said...

I must go check out Idiosyncrasies of a Gemini Mind - she sounds alluring!

Ali said...

If you could see the blush on my face right now!!!!! Teehee :) Seriously.

Awwwwww. I love you to bits, Princess!!!

Unknown said...

I just love those kinds of crushes. I haven't had one in awhile. Enjoy it while it lasts :)

delmer said...

For a minute you had me thinking Barack was in your neighborhood.

Princess Pointful said...

Girl crushes are kind of delightful.
I tried to explain them to the Duke once, and he didn't quite get it.

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany