Thursday, December 04, 2008

Princess's Happy Place

I used to proudly proclaim that this blog was my "happy place." And then I started writing posts about possible abuse and my crazy pills and my lack of sex. So maybe I should call this blog my "occasionally pleasant" place.

Anyhow, as I generally do- whenever I write a particularly not-so-upbeat post, I try to follow it up with happy happy things. And guess what? I'm totally doing that again.

1. My person and her DH had a baby! Yay! It's a boy! If you would like to send baby gifts to a complete stranger that you only read about on this blog, I'm sure she'll gratefully accept them. The baby should be worshipped after all. Email me!

2. I saw Ali last night! We had a mediocre dinner at Joey's - but who cares?! I got to see her after a zillion months. She assured me that I'm not a stalker by sending Facebook messages every few weeks: so when are we getting together huh? When? When? I miss you! I love you! When? When? Soon? When? Etc. She's a good sport.

3. Guess what I got in the mail from the fabulously gorgeous Wendy Brandes? A necklace! This one in the photo! And the name on it? Well, I guess you all know what my first name is now (contrary to everyone who thinks my name is "Violet" because of my email address)...and that's totally my handwriting and everything. Isn't technology fab?! Why don't you buy your loved ones a present from Wendy? In fact, why don't you send me a present? I would love either the Mia Scent Locket, or the Sunflower ring. Thanks! PS- do you read Wendy's blog? You should- it's fab! Thanks so much Wendy for this! I love love love it! And you're a peach for being so concerned about the delivery!

4. I have officially sent out a little over half of my Christmas cards. I'm quite pleased with myself. You know what to do if you want one....

5. Thank you all so much for all your lovely words of support on my last post. I really appreciate it and it gave me a lot to think about. Most especially to Rock Chef who sent me an email that was so sweet it made me cry. At work. First thing in the morning.

6. Only 13 more days of work before Christmas! And then I get from Dec 24- Jan 4 off. Who wants to hang out with me during my glorious holidays??

7. Did everyone notice my fish over there on my sidebar? The lovely AmyTree found them (for me). Click on the little screen and show them some digital love wouldja?

OK, that's all for now lovelies. Have a superfab Thursday!
xoxo

10 comments:

PinkPiddyPaws said...

Sweet necklace. WendyB is awesomely talented!!!! :)

Jen said...

I do think your new necklace is awesome! I wish I could wear items like that, but unless they aren't made with any additives (i.e. nickel, aluminum, copper, etc.) then I can't wear them unless I want to end up a gooey mess.

Still, I'll have to go check out WendyB's site. . . must do now. . .

Ali said...

Not stalker-like at all - I promise :)

Brunhilda said...

I was totally playing with the fish yesterday! I didn't know I could click on them though.

Also, I should really make my Xmas cards...

WendyB said...

I'm so relieved it got there okay. Can you imagine if I went to my local post office and saw some postal worker wearing a necklace with your name on it? I'd be pissed!

petite and dynamite said...

love your necklace -- wendy b. has great designs -- just fed your fish -- they were hungry..

happy holidays - and enjoy your vacation!

Rock Chef said...

Love the necklace!

Sorry about making your cry - next time I will include a warning in the title ;-)

Princess of the Universe said...

PPP- WB is awesome everything!

Jen- mental note- no sending you random bits of costume jewellery...if I do, you'll know I'm mad at you :P

Ali- love you! Miss you! When?!

Seq- Oh! Send me one!

Wendy- I would have given you permission to beat her up on my behalf...

Petite - Thanks for stopping by!

Chef- S'Ok- you're the sweetest!

xo

SexyWhispers said...

Lovely necklace. Sweet. ~~Dee

Princess Pointful said...

I got my postcard today :). Such a nice surprise! And I love the necklace!!

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Melany