So the absolutely lovely Alice, from Mindless Ramblings of a 26 Year Old gave me this award - isn't it pretty?
The rules are that you must give 10 honest things about yourself and then nominate some others (I think 7) and then they do the same. I think the point is to nominate very "honest" blogs.
Now, with the exception of perhaps playing up my girliness just a wee bit, this whole blog is honest. I don't ever lie or misrepresent myself on here. My feelings are my feelings, and even if it makes me look bad, I'm not going to tell a story in a way other than what really happened. So, to qualify the below as "honest" seems a bit unnecessary to me, but who am I to complain about the rules?
So - Ten Things:
1. Regarding this blog - sometimes I think that if I was a bit more "ranty" I would get more readers. I see a lot of the more popular blogs that swear a lot and go off on tangents about - well it seems like everything. But I'm concerned that if I start doing that on here, it's going to spill over to life, and suddenly I'll turn into one of those people that in general make me pretty angry. They can't seem to shut up about things that piss them off, and how the world is so unfair. Ugh, I far prefer to accept responsibility for what makes me unhappy in life, kind of just let the rest go. It seems a lot less heart attack-inducing.
2. My back has been hurting for the past week. I have been having some beautiful fantasies about a hotstone massage. I'm debating about spending the money, because I know I should be saving for my Florida trip in April, and I still have to pay off my credit card...
3. I don't drink coffee. And only occasionally drink tea. Nor do I smoke or really drink. I am concerned that I have an unnatural addiction to fountain Diet Pepsi/Coke (with cherries). I have a craving for it every day. I think it comes from eating out too much. I really need to cook at home more.
4. I tried to bake some chocolate chip cookies for My Person and her DH yesterday. Fail. I seem to think that I'm the best baker next to Betty Crocker, yet I sometimes wonder if people aren't just humouring me.
5. You know how a lot of dating sites have 3 categories? "Dating" "Relationship" and something along the lines of "Booty Call"? I put myself into category 3 for a couple of months, it was hilarious enough that I don't regret doing it, but I am in awe with how many men are willing to be much more aggressive and spend money to have full memberships just to get sex, as opposed to finding something more meaningful. I may have to go off on a series of posts about what I've learned about humanity from that brief experience. I have since taken my profile down, as I expected I would.
6. There is no way I'm writing 10 things about myself here.
7. Yup, I think this is the last thing: I'm really hungry right now. I think I'm going to do some combination of eggs, hashbrowns and toast. And then my cupboard is pretty much empty. Good thing I'm going to the parents' for dinner tonight. That should guarantee me some leftovers.
Nominations: Of honest bloggers? Well let me qualify this with: if I don't nominate you, it by no means implies that I think you're lying!
1. Miss Britt
2. Glamour Puss
4. Chief Rock Chef
6. Soap Box Princess
All these bloggers really put their lives out there for the world to see - the good, the bad, the hilarious.