So I've blissfully gained a few readers of late, and have also (coincidentally? I think not.) found some lovely new blogs to follow. I don't know about all of you, but I am far too
lazy busy to delve into everyone's archives and read everything they've ever written to really learn the essence of them.
Couple that with the fact that I unposted all my archives this summer, so anyone who is inclined to do so has a problem. So, this little post is going to be all about the basics that make up the Princess (yours truly). And then I'll totally post it on the side of my blog so you all can read it ANY time. I'm just so freakin' fabulous and generous that way.
- I am 33, single and live in Winnipeg, Canada. (Right now, quite possibly the coldest place on God's Green Earth). (But other than that Winnipeg is super fab- you know Winnie the Pooh was named after us??)
- I have a lovely condo to call my own, and really don't play well with others. I had a roommate last summer, and needless to say, I hated it and we are no longer friends. (Not entirely because I let him stay with me rent-free for 3 months, but it certainly didn't help).
- I am NOT a good housekeeper. I'm tidy, but I don't dust/vacuum/wash windows a fraction as often as I should. I could (and possibly already have) name my dust bunnies. Le sigh. OK not really. But I do hate doing it...
- I work in education (not teaching, more administrative) and so far love the job I'm in. I quit my job of 7 years last spring without anything to go to and was 7 weeks between jobs. All in all I think I had a pretty painless bout of unemployment. Now, however, I have to use Dictionary.com at least once a week to look up all the words being thrown at me by PhD's. Unfair. I used to consider myself relatively intelligent.
- I have one brother, two step-sisters, two step-brother-in-laws, a Dad and Step-Mom. (Nieces, nephews, cousins etc etc). I get along well with all the steps, and was thrilled at the age of 18 to finally get sisters. I lived with my brother who is 12 years older than me up until then, and wanted someone to talk girly with. Although, to be fair, my brother can do girly with the best of them - he appreciates candles and chocolate even more than I do.
- My Mom died when I was 11, and that fact I think makes up a lot of who I am today.
- My obsessions: Jensen Ackles, Jane Austen, Lost, Great Big Sea, chocolate and mascara.
(Not necessarily in that order)
- I could stand to lose a few pounds, but I have pretty good hair, and a sparkling intellect (um, unless I'm at work- if so, change "sparkling intellect" to "lightening fast on a keyboard when looking up word definitions on the internet"). :P
- I have a few BFF's that I will write about on here since they're such a big part of my life: My person, My Dear Anon, and K.
- I don't have a boyfriend and My Dear Anon thinks I get all pitiful about that too often. I think I just miss sex. (Cause ya know, I really really do)
- I bake. If you invite me for dinner, I will generally offer to make dessert since cooking seems like too much pressure to me. Although, odds are I'll end up doing some sort of "experimental" baking, so results vary.
- I drive a 2003 silver Mazda Protege. I don't know how many cylinders. I don't know if it has anti-lock brakes. I (like Bella Swan) don't speak Car and Driver. So don't ask.
- I also don't know what brand my TV/VCR/Computer/stereo is. Seriously. Who cares about that crap? Does it work? Yes. Ok, I'm happy.
- I check my blog stats regularly. I find them fascinating. I mean how cool is it that someone in Buenos Ares found my because they want to know about Jensen Ackles and spanking?? (Um, not that I would know anything about that...)
Was this interesting at all? Quite possibly not. Quite possibly it just looks like I wanted to write a whole post about myself.
To those people who think the latter, I say: Well duh.
Let me know if I missed anything. If I get enough, maybe I'll compile them into a whole new post called Princess 201! (I just got wayyy too excited there, so maybe not)
Friday, January 16, 2009
Posted by Princess of the Universe at 12:50 pm